Thursday, November 09, 2006

Embossed...


Remembering 11.16.1969 on 11.16.1999

“I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.”

Leo Buscaglia

Your noble and dignified
Earthly exit,
occured on this day
two years ago.

Your presence
remains with me...
in a secret and treasured
space, deep inside.

I can still hear your
dry New York chuckle,
and can easily anticipate
what words you would have for me
in many given moments.

I lipsynched to your beloved
Ella Fitzgerald today,
and imagined you right there...
laughing and teasing my
modest interpretation.

Who would have known
of the lifetime gifts
I would receive
as a result of meeting
and sharing with you?

Thank you, my dearest B.
I am a fuller and better person
for having known you.
Your gifts and lessons
still whisper to me,
and push me forth,
with laughter, honor, and integrity.


No comments: