Friday, November 17, 2006

Sunset on the 16th

Photo by grassrootsmsw

“The arms of love encompass you with your present, your past, your future, the arms of love gather you together.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

A deep crimson and burnt orange
SUNSET
by the beach in November.
The shaggy Santa Barbara cliffs
are highlighted by the dramatic and vivid colors.

I sit amongst old and new friends
toasting, sharing and laughing.
I feel full with tenderness,
as I absorb the authenticity and beauty
of each individual present.

While my friends
celebrate my birthday,
I celebrate my fortune
for their presence in my life.

Life is good,
and I move forward
into another year...
believing I am a lucky woman
for the beautiful and loving souls
surrounding me.

They inspire me to 'hold my own song.'
They unknowingly arouse hope,
and remind me to dream...
Outrageously and without reserve.

Cheers and love to all of you...
thank you for all that you have gifted me with.

No comments: